Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fancy Smancy

Posted by MAKMU ta On Thursday, February 17, 2011 No comments

Ever since I can remember, I've gravitated toward dishes, vases, plates, candles, hurricane jars, pitchers, and tea cups.  What do they all have in common?  They're all breakable.  And boy, did they break if I was around. Sorry mom (:

I've always loved all things fancy.  Definitely all about the details.  Besides admiring the dress, my favorite part of wedding photos is drooling over their centerpieces and all the little special touches.  I may or may not have my entire wedding planned.  I was the event coordinator for our high school and had a ball planning the Winter Formal.  My favorite part?  Planning the details of the table tops.  I bought these pink goblets over summer at a flea market (for a steal!  I negotiated them down to $13 for 4! Bam.) for our apartment. We use them for special occasions.  Or everyday.  Because really, everyday should be a special occasion.

Here are some tablescapes, dishes, and details I've been gazing upon recently:




Is this brunch I see being served? It's my favorite meal of the day (:
This is my favorite photo.  I love the turquoise and purple details. So airy and peaceful. Stripes + Polka Dots = Love.


What's a party without an adorable candy and treats bar?!
Amy Atlas
Amy Atlas
Love these dainty and sophisticated dishes:
Love this simple detailed gray plate! The shape of the bowl is organic and lovely, too.
Okay, shut up.  This is way too cute.  And it's a purple rhinestone. Perfect.
{Photo's courtesy of House Beautiful}

So, would you all be down for a fancy party together? (:
What are your favorite details in a party?

Love and Fancies,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...