Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunshine . . . On My Molder . . . Makes Me Happy

Posted by MAKMU ta On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 No comments

With apologies to the late John Denver,
and also with apologies to That Old House.

She isn't really moldering away.  Much.  I don't think . . . .

*****************************************************

But it was a brilliantly sunny morning this sparkling Wednesday,
and I thought I'd show you how winter sunshine peeks in,
and what it reveals!

 Our house faces East, so it's a challenge for the sun to slide across the covered front porch and --
 in through the front door sidelights and parlor windows.
But it manages to do so, and it climbs a bit of the front stairs.
 That Old House asks that you not gossip about the bottom of her newel post being a bit cracked.
She says if you were 180 years old, you'd have a few cracks yourself.   Well, she's right about that.

The front windows let in a bit of low angled sun that slants along the fireplace.
And highlights all the old lumps and bumps under the 3-year old paint.
 I'm afraid I like the old lumps and bumps, being the owner of a few of them myself.
Ladies, we all know that makeup can only do so much!

A sliver of sun brings out the gold in the wide pine floors in the parlor.
 And light from the front door illuminates the front hall where it meets the dining room.
Wood floors that match?  Oh my, wouldn't that be novel?
We have at least 6 different types of wood floors here, in random juxtapositions.  Time capsules at our feet.

In the sunroom, which earns its moniker in the mornings,
there is no covered porch blocking the rays, and warm bright light pours in.
 I think the ivy needs water, don't you?  If I had fed my kids the way I feed my houseplants, I'd have been in jail.
 I think the ivy could use a dusting.  Oh my, what a surprise!
Ivy doesn't have naturally fuzzy leaves, does it?  Are you sure?
I love pots of ivy, with their gracefully wandering stems.

A Christmas cactus, still blooming.
 Still expecting!  Quintuplets by the look of things.

And tucked along the side, by the door,
where the sun is not reaching him, dog Dion waits for a walk.
 He's just grabbing a cat nap.  He stayed up late last night to see who won Westminster.
We cheered on the Scottish Deerhound; what a magnificent dog,
and I do love it when the unexpected entry wins the whole enchilada.

But seriously, folks -- that Pekingese.
Are we sure that's really a dog, or something off a Mother Ship?
I don't trust them; I think their ultimate goal is world domination.

Enjoy your Wednesday!  -- Cass

And because it's Wednesday, why not click over to 
Susan's blog -- A Southern Daydreamer -- for
You'll be glad you did -- especially to see bare earth and flowers on Susan's own blog!
Amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...