Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gobble, Gobble . . . And A Table Topping Quiz

Posted by MAKMU ta On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 No comments

Yes, my dears, it's another Table Topping Quiz,
in which you will be asked to vote on which table setting rings your chimes.  Like this post.

Today, I've got new Pottery Barn plates to use.

Because -- to my delight and my hubby's despair -- there is a PB Outlet store just 30 minutes
from our beach house, and sometimes it just hollers out my name, and go I must.

We went on Saturday.
I came home with a big orange pumpkin bowl, that may turn up on the Thanksgiving table full of mashed potatoes.

It's really cute; the edges are not perfectly round, so it looks as if it's an actual hollowed-out pumpkin.
If you are wildly gullible or terribly near-sighted.
How big is it? you ask.
Here it is, cozied up to the huge, gorgeous blue and white bowl I wrote about yesterday.

But, Pumpkin Bowl is not in today's table setting.  Maybe on Thursday . . . .
***********************************************************
 At the PB Outlet, they had table settings to lure you into wanting that very same table setting.
Because that's what a store is supposed to do -- lure you down the garden path, straight toward the cash register.
This was the featured table setting: 
Look!  The place card says "Joshua," and that's our son in law's name.
Clearly we needed to buy these plates; it was a Divine Sign.
 *******************************************************
Several of those cute turkey plates came home with us.  They like it here.
Today, because one is never too old to play with dishes, I played with a table setting,
changing only the color of the dinner plate to get different looks.  

First, a centerpiece.
 A twiggy-grapey-Autumn-y wreath, with a big faux turkey plopped in the middle.
(The live turkey was too obstreperous,
and also demanded a better dressing room.  Ha ha -- dressing!  Turkey?  Dressing?)
Anyway -- the first place setting attempt, with a robin's egg blue dinner plate from Dollar Tree. 
 It picks up the blue in the turkey.  Who knew turkeys had blue feathers?
Hmm, perhaps they don't in the Real World.
 But the turkey on the plate also has blue feathers.
 Now this next was my first choice -- until I began putting things together.
I thought the gold PB example was a little tame, but thought red would kind of POP the turkey's hangy bits.
Visually, not literally because -- ick.
 The red plate is one of our set of 50 party plates, a Fiesta-type plate by Oneida.
 Not bad, but I am not sure.
 This was a last minute addition -- a turquoise plate.  Also Dollar Tree.
 Because -- Ol' Tom's feathers are really more turquoise than Robin's Egg.
Whaddya know.
 Yup, they are.

Final choice -- a green plate from, yes, Dollar Tree.
We live large at That Old House.
 Now this one I didn't expect to much like, but son of a gun . . .
 I do.  Not perhaps my favorite, because I haven't hit on a favorite yet.
 What about you?
Which dinner plate would you put with these charming turkey salad plates from PB?
Robin's Egg Blue, Red, Turquoise or Green?
We only bought 3 of the turkey plates, but I'm thinking a couple more need to come home and live here.

That's all she wrote!

Join Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for TableTop Tuesday!  Click right here.

And I am off on an adventure.  Film at eleven. -- Cass

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...