Friday, December 30, 2011

A Ruffled Drop Cloth Pillow

Posted by MAKMU ta On Friday, December 30, 2011 No comments

I snuck in one more project before the end of the year.


I used some leftover drop cloth fabric and a simple envelope style back to make a pillow slip, adding a loosely gathered ruffle detail. This time I left the ruffle edge raw. I had both the down insert and the drop cloth on hand, so this was a freebie project.


The chair is one of three I picked up recently with a lovely round oak pedestal table. I was going to paint the table for our kitchen but it was too big for the space, so I sold it on kijiji for more than I paid for all four pieces. That left me with three very sturdy chairs that I plan to paint. I would love to try some chalk paint on these, probably white.


We have had several days of snow since Christmas and I have been busy tidying and organizing, and blog hopping of course! Time to get out for a nice walk with the dog. So as this year draws to a close, I was wondering if you think using drop cloth fabric for projects is here to stay a while, or will it be a '2011' thing? I personally love that it is not only neutral, but so affordable and easy to wash with kids and a dog.

I'm joining in at the following link parties...

Air Your Laundry Friday #47 at Freckled Laundry

bestofdec

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...