Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Little Change of Colour

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, January 01, 2012 No comments

My first paint project of the New Year started as a touch up of this little black tray.


I liked the original distressed black finish but noticed that the bead board had quite a few scratches (our family room gets lots of use.) {Black photo above, Dark Grey photo Below}



Touching up the beadboard in black would have been easy enough, but I decided to try a new dark grey mis-tint paint instead. 


So my little tray went from distressed and super scratched black to dark grey with a wax finish. The wax finish (Minwax paste) just may be my favourite part. A simple change that I am enjoying today.


And I'm keeping it real here. Remington's favourite place to nap is our family room sofa. She always manages to get the pillows just where she wants them too. Our white slips and pillow covers need frequent washing with a chocolate Lab and teen boys (plus a gazillion nieces, nephews and greats) so the king size sheet is keeping it a bit cleaner. And it covers up all the great's little messes from Christmas Eve and Christmas meals. I have one more week off before heading back to work and hope to get a lot more of these little projects that have been bugging me done. Starting with washing the couch covers. Again.

I'm sharing this with....
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
WOW us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...