Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Three Favourite Parts of Sarah Richardson's London Townhouse

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, February 12, 2012 No comments

I got my new Canadian House and Home magazine and was thrilled that there was an article about a London (England) townhouse that Sarah Richardson and crew had decorated.  It was beautiful and amazing and fantastic - just like you would expect it to be.  I checked online and since I couldn't find pictures of it anywhere I didn't want to spoil the surprise for when you first see the home.  Instead I thought I would show you the three things I liked best about it (and give you a little sneak-peak at the same time).



1) I love the family room and especially these chairs.  The room has many shades of blue and, of course, a variety of fabrics in the upholstery and the cushions.  I especially love the dots and curved lines on this fabric.  I also adore the beautiful silver twig side table between the chairs.



2)  I love the pale blue cabinets and crystal hardware in the kitchen, but what really caught my eye is this antique French wine-tasting table.  I love the patina and the simple lines.



3) And finally I love the living room, which is a gorgeous room with fireplaces at both ends.  To arrange the furniture to allow for  intimate conversation areas while taking advantage of the fireplaces, two sofas were put back-to-back in the centre of the room.  The overall envelope of the room is very neutral with cream walls and sofas and cream patterned drapes.  I love the rich claret reds and rusts in the cushions, the patterned rugs, and the chaise.  I especially like the two cushions on either end of the sofa.






And finally, I love the quotation from Sarah Richardson which is something that I have always held to be true:




I like a different colour for each room.  If you're going to open another gallon of paint, you might as well make it a different colour.
I often read in magazines that they have used the same paint throughout or even the same colour family throughout so that there is continuity and flow.  Well I say flow, schmow - I like to see different colours used.  Variety is the spice of life after all.


Isn't this house a beauty?  What did you like best?


(all photos in this post were taken by me from pictures in my Canadian House and Home magazine March 2012)

****************************

Don't forget to put your name in for my SmartSilk pillow giveaway (see this post for details).


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...