Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank You Pinterest

Posted by MAKMU ta On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 No comments

As far as Holidays go, I love Christmas (which most of you probably figured out if you read my blog in December) and I also love the 4th of July but, as for all the other holidays, I am pretty much a Grinch.  Totally okay with me but not so much fun for my kids.  So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Pinterest for saving our Valentine's Day.

By the way - are you n Pinterest yet?  I am addicted!  I started using in just as a way to collect ideas for The House but now it has turned into so much more:)

So anyways, our Valentine's Day fun started when our oldest daughter's teacher sent home a note about the upcoming Valentine's Party at school and it mentioned a "mailbox" for all of the kids to collect their Valentine's in.  Up until this point, she had always made them in school so I started to worry a little bit because I couldn't even begin to think of what we would use to make a Valentine's Day Mailbox.  Until I was thumbing through different Pins and came across this great Cereal Box Valentine!  Shoe boxes we didn't have but Cereal boxes we did - perfect!
You can see the tutorial here.  I think they turned out pretty cute:)



Then it was on to making breakfast a little more special with some heart shaped cinnamon rolls.  In the tutorial you will see that the cinnamon rolls are made from scratch.  That I did not do, I just used pre-packaged cinnamon rolls and rerolled them into heart shapes.  The best part, The Girls were so excited about it!
Finally, I felt like we probably needed one more sweet treat for such a sweet day.  I used a recipe from The Pioneer Woman for Chocolate Cookies which I cut out in heart shapes, dipped in white chocolate, and covered with red sprinkles.  I think The Oldest will be so excited to find two of these in her lunch today!

So, I have to say that I am quite proud of myself today.  Not necessarily super-mom material but much better than what I had planned a week ago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...