Monday, February 13, 2012

❤ Will you be my Valentine? ❤

Posted by MAKMU ta On Monday, February 13, 2012 No comments


Sharing some Valentine's day Love with you today dear blogging friends and readers!


 These photos are from a friendship swap I recently did with my friend Anja of Matilda's Design in Munich Germany. Anja sent me her friendship swap parcel already last year, you can see a picture of it on my flickr photostream here. She made me a fabulous white plaster bunny which I will share with you as soon as I'll start my Spring/Easter decorations. She was so nice to leave me all the time I needed to finish her swap so I decided to make a Valentine swap parcel for her. Firstly I created her a trinket box which I filled with a tiny bouquet of pink vintage millinery bead flowers and some vintage German script from old sheet music paper. I soldered the box and gave it a coat of black patina for an antique /aged look.


 I love making pretty packages and wrapped all of her goodies in some of my favorite pink gift wrapping papers from Tilda and a waxed paper bag and embellished it with a sweet toile de jouy tag and a pair of tiny scissors since Anja is a talented seamstress. I also used a paper heart doily and a hand I made from vintage sheet music and the paper I once marbelized. You may remember from my last post that the tutorial for the woven heart Valentine came from dear Ulla over at her Ullabenulla blog.


I further sent her a vintage honeycomb paper bell in the colors of the Italian flag, which I forgot to photograph, since Anja has italian family and also a vintage velvet sewing box which I found on our local fleamarket and thought it should be for a seamstress. It's filled with old sewing supplies and I embellished it with a soldered charm:


 I had great fun painting one of my German paper maché heart boxes and embellishing it with old lace, a silver German Dresden border, vintage tinsel which I put into a heartshape and filled with a silver bird charm to hold the trinket box pendant I made her:


So what do you think, would you like to be my next Valentine? 
Today I'd like to wish all of you my dear readers a very
~ Happy Valentine's day 2012 ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...