Monday, March 12, 2012

BEST DAY EVER

Posted by MAKMU ta On Monday, March 12, 2012 No comments

For this eight year old little boy, it sure was.   


Saturday at 4:00 p.m. my son's friends showed up for his semi-suprise party.  
For the next 45 minutes, they ran around outside like wild animals outside. That's what little boys do. About 4:45 p.m., they made their way to the top of our street in anticipation of the "Big Surprise".  


The next thing you know, this giant bus comes barreling up the street. 
The boys scream, and once again, run around like wild animals!


We literally had to hold them back.


They boarded the bus and for the next two hours, they played video games with intense focus.   


About an hour and half into it, I took the cake out to the bus and lured them off for 
all of five minutes.  Just enough time to sing a quick "Happy Birthday" and scarf down some cake, 
oh and run around like wild animals once again. 


I always insist on making my kids' birthday cakes.  The time or two when they have requested a store bought cake, I quickly dismissed it with a promise to make the "coolest cake ever".  
I'm going to go ahead and declare this the "coolest cake ever" made by me, at least. 
Even if it was put together at the last minute using store bought fondant. 
It's the thought that counts, right?


Here are some of the other cakes I have made over the years.  
Some were cool, some were not.
While my artistic and culinary skills are not always the best,
I give myself an "A" for effort.  


And most importantly, my customers are always happy!

Happy Monday to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...