Saturday, March 24, 2012

Posted by MAKMU ta On Saturday, March 24, 2012 No comments

Counting sheep...


It is the first few trembling minutes of Sunday here in the Swenglish house. We are trying to remind ourselves to forward the clocks in the house before we go to bed, and we are pulling funny faces in front of the mirror as we hope to spot a modest tan after today's summer experience.


Except for the golden light from a few candles, the house mostly rests in darkness now, and the photos bear that grainy, sleepy quality I wish I had the skills to avoid...

On the sofa where my favourite curling-up corner can be found (I can see through the dining area and into the garden from here), rests an inviting lambskin. Given the glorious temperatures today (+19-20!), this ought to be put away until next winter, but I am hesitating. I tell myself that the evenings might still be cold, and surely its cosy appeal can fight off the deceptive summer vibes and allow for it to linger a little longer...?


Yes, here we are, finally arrived at the theme of this blog post. 
The clue is in the "baah".
Bath is a very hilly city, and just outside the city, the countryside continues 
this up-y-down-y trend, however here painted in green, 
with a scattering of woolly wonders.


But, hang on a minute, could this be the world's cheekiest lamb? Let's zoom in for a second...


Yes, definitely! The little lamb is clearly sticking its tongue out at its mum, behind her back! 
Tss, tss, caught on camera, my woolly friend!


I know I risk some of my readers falling asleep during this blog post...  

... but I just could not resist introducing you to these sweet little fleecy friends, 
posing so kindly for me the other day...

To those of you who have managed to stay awake all the way through this post,
I wish you a  lovely Sunday and hope it brings you stunning weather and 
lots of fun and play!

Helena

Ps. A special hello to those of you who may have found your way here from lovely Annalisa at The Apple Market, who wrote a blog post about The Swenglish Home a few days ago. It was an honour to be featured in your blog, Annalisa, and thank you for all of your kind words!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...