Wednesday, March 7, 2012

FABULOUS AND FREE

Posted by MAKMU ta On Wednesday, March 07, 2012 No comments

A dear sweet friend of mine gave me a fabric remnant several months ago.  
She didn't have a use for it and she knows how much I love fabric.
I thought about using it to make pillows, perhaps mod podging some to the bottom of a tray, 
heck, I even tossed it on the floor and considered using it as a throw rug. 

In the end, I decided to use it for simple valances in our master bathroom.


Right now the fabric is just folded over, pinned and tacked to the molding above the windows.


I have always known these windows needed something. 
I was just waiting for some FABULOUS AND FREE fabric to show up on my doorstep.



This was our previous window treatment.  We just had these windows replaced last week. 
Until then, it was quite drafty in the bathroom. Even though it has been a mild winter, one cold windy day in December, I had had enough and I tacked a blanket up over the window.  
Problem solved, at least temporarily!
(yes, sometimes I like to store painting supplies in the bathtub)


Personally I like the long term solution of brand new windows and a simple valance much better. 


I will get around to actually sewing them and hanging them properly soon.
And while I'm at it, I'll tackle this one too. 


This temporary window treatment was also addressed this week.  
Pictures to come soon.


How about you, do you like to live with things temporarily before committing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...