Friday, March 30, 2012

FRIDAY FINDS

Posted by MAKMU ta On Friday, March 30, 2012 No comments


TGIF, and I really meant that!  What a week it has been.  Between kids' activities, my husband being out of town, school PTA duties and design projects, I am completely EXHAUSTED! 
I am happy to turn it over to Holly from West Pear Avenue.  
I am a big of Holly's and I especially love her weekly Pattern Play series. 
Here is recent one.


She has such an eye for pairing fabrics.

Hi there Oak Ridge Revival friends! I'm excited to be popping in here today for Andrea's Friday Finds. Andrea and I recently discovered each other and our blogs and so we glad we did - 
I've been enjoying her projects and of course her great sense of style. 
And how about those chairs she picked up the other day? 
Can't wait to see how you make them yours, Andrea. 

On to my Friday Find...about a year ago I had picked up this shelf 
at a local furniture consignment shop.


I was immediately drawn to the detail on the side and the fact that I could actually use this shelf in our home somewhere (we don't have a ton of space for shelving so any ounce of shelving is huge).
Since I had been on the lookout for some sort of storage cabinet, shelving, something for our bathroom, I thought this had great potential to work in the bathroom and at the same time look pretty too. 
So I spray painted it yellow...


And now it's fully functional in our only full bathroom.


A few things have been moved around, but everything you see in this photo is how it looks today.
The bottom shelf has two small storage baskets from IKEA. The one on the left has our toothpaste, floss, Sheila's toothpaste, etc. And the basket on the right has my make-up. You can also see we store our Q-tips in a container and my make-up brushes are also on that same shelf. 
That bottom shelf is our use-it-everyday items - and it works really well.

Thanks again, Andrea, for inviting me over today!

My kids are on Spring Break next week so I will be taking the week off to decompress and spend some quality time with the family.  We have some really fun adventures planned and I'll be sure to fill you in (as soon as they go back to school)!

Oh, and I have to get one more GO WILDCATS in before the big game on Saturday.  
It's going to be some game.  Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...