Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goodmorning Garden

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, March 25, 2012 No comments


Soft Sunday Morning


I took a quick walkwith my camera this morning to discover
the ever-changingspring garden.
Things are happeningso fast in my garden I don’t want to miss a thing!


Some of the Scilla are bloomingin the east garden. 


 The Spiderwort, avigorous plant is popping up everywhere – self seeder you have to keep your eyeon!

I bought these beautieson clearance at Lowes –
 I misplaced their name tag.


My heart skipped a beatwith excitement – the Peonies have
buds already – they usuallybloom in May.


The Hellebora are stillperforming exceptionally well this year


I am becoming very fondof the Knockout roses – these pink ones are the backdrop to the flowers in thefront garden.


I transplanted theseIris and the Crape Myrtle last year to the front bed – I love the contrast inthe color of the bloom to the new leaves. Yes, we Crape murder.



I am thrilled at theprogress of my newest garden dear – the Eden rose my son gave me for Christmas.Several buds are already on this baby bush!


The La Marne – my delight!This large, old rose bush was one of the draws to purchasing this house.



This sweetlittle rose is one of my mystery roses. I was gifted a number of roses from a neighborwho got tired of her roses that she rooted from an old garden in town – I havetagged the unknown roses and hope to discover their names this year 

Another Lowes clearancebuy – these Dianthus are just like candy in the garden. 


More clearance buys fromLowes earlier this year. 


Another mystery rose – Iadore this rose for its beautiful color, draping branches and sweet fragrance. 




 Our Westside brick patiohad to be lifted – my husband replaced all the plumbing in our house – the lineto the meter ran underneath the patio. Despite this and because of the mildwinter, these Snapdragons are amazing!

Azaleas – what southerngarden would be complete without them.


My newest Knockout roses–
clearance last summerfrom K-Mart!


While moving thingsaround this spring, I created a small container garden with Hosta, Jacob’sLadder, Spiderwort and pansies.


The wee little fairiesare coming!
The Columbine arebeginning to bloom!


I am sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House in the Roses

Bloomin' Tuesday @ Ms Green Thumb Jean 

Tuesday Garden Party @ An Oregon Cottage 

Wild about Mother Nature @ Grits and Glamour
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer

Joyous! What a wonder and a gift from God the very
many blossoms we can have in our gardens. I don't want to
miss a moment of them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...