Sunday, March 11, 2012

Metamorphosis Monday -Sofa & Chair Makeover

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, March 11, 2012 No comments

Happy Metamorphosis Monday!  If you're unfamiliar with this event, it is a blog gathering hosted by Susan of Between Naps On The Porch in which she invites her readers/followers to share their personal before and after projects.  Below are 2  of my recent projects that I want to share.

BEFORE
This slip covered sofa was purchased in April 2010 from IKEA for only $399.00.  I purchased it for  a spare bedroom that we converted into a playroom for Daniel.  Now, the sofa is heading to the cabin .  Daniel's playroom activities rarely include sitting on the sofa and eventually we are going to make it his bedroom so it the sofa wasn't necessary.



I purchased 2 additional sets of Ektorp's slipcovers.  One in white and one in red. To give the slipcovers a more custom look and to compliment the cabin's "rustic elegance" I purchased several yards of Wright's 1 3/8" wide Greek Key braided metallic gold machine washable trim.

In addition to the trim, I found a metallic gold self adhesive decorative motif by Conso for $9.99 each.

AFTER
White slipcover-$49.99

AFTER
Red Slipcover-$149.00

ACCENT CHAIR

BEFORE
This chair was purchased back in the early 90's.  It's been in the garage for the last year or so waiting for me to deliver it to the Goodwill.

I purchased a can of primer,black varnish and a small jar of DecoArt's Splendid Gold metallic paint.


I also purchased this Cacharel pattern fabric by Waverly at one of my favorite fabric/upholstery stores, Triad Plus for only $8.00 a yard.

AFTER
Luckily, my procrastination paid off for the chair and it got a reprieve from Goodwill.  Now, with a new look it will have a second life at the cabin.

For more creative and unique ideas, please visit Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...