Monday, March 26, 2012

NEW PROJECT

Posted by MAKMU ta On Monday, March 26, 2012 No comments

My latest project involves designing a fun and inviting family room 
for a sweet couple and their three girls. 
My client fell in love with this black and white striped rug from Crate and Barrel. 
I love the modern vibe it will bring to their otherwise traditional home.
We will pair it with a brand new comfy sofa and we will be adding some 
orange leather ottomans, also from Crate and Barrel. 




This is the room in its present state.  Over the years, the homeowners have updated 
almost every other room in the house.  They have saved this one for last.
We'll be saying goodbye to the bulky ceiling fan, the bright red furniture, the dark wood trim
and the gold walls. 


The TV is currently housed in this black armoire.  It will be moved to hang above the fireplace. 


The room opens up to the kitchen so we want to keep it casual and comfortable. 


An almost 12 foot long window seat will be custom built for this space.
It is going to come in handy for extra seating and storage and it will make
a great reading nook for their three girls.


You may recognize this room.
This is their dining room.  It received a total makeover late last year. 
I blogged about it here and here. 


Other than the fabric for the sofa being backordered, this project is moving along quickly
and I hope to have some "after" photos soon. 

Hope your week is off to a good start.  
My husband is out of town for the week so my mom came up to help me out. 
 I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with her. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...