Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Painting My Sister's Kitchen

Posted by MAKMU ta On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 No comments

One of my March Break projects is coming along nicely. I am helping my sister paint her kitchen and I am very happy to say the painting part is finished.


I love the look of new paint and freshly painted trim. We started with the ceiling (two coats but so worth the fresh look) on the weekend and continued with the walls and trim yesterday and today.


Above and below are before shots, the original very very light grey the builder painted quite a few years ago. This is my younger sister E, who always jokes that the square footage in my home is shrinking because of all the layers of paint.  


We used Behr Paint and Primer In One and the colour is Parachute Silk. It is the top sample in the photo above and a lovely colour. It looks great in daylight and at night.


Another before, above. My sister and brother-in-law just bought the new fridge and dishwasher and are planning on replacing the stove and microwave with stainless soon.
  

It is quite a large kitchen with this work area, an eat-in area and the butler's pantry (behind the fridge.) I enjoy painting but this was a really big project and I was very happy to have the help of my sister and her two daughters (14 and 17.) My neices are becoming quite the accomplished painters and I am envious of how easily they can pop their athletic bodies (field lacrosse, hockey, volleyball, swimming....) up and down off counters with such ease.

We still have some tidying left to do, and arranging items on the counter. My sister is not big on accessories, but we plan to add a few functional things, and maybe I can talk her into a few decorative pieces. I'll share pictures of course ;)

Hubby and I are planning a day trip tomorrow with our youngest (oldest is away at a relative's farm) and then I hope to get a few items checked off my list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...