Saturday, March 10, 2012

Small Changes in the Entry

Posted by MAKMU ta On Saturday, March 10, 2012 No comments

Do you ever have so many projects on the go that you just don't know where to start? Or what to finish? I tend to start more projects than I finish.


One thing I have been working on is freshening our front entry. Our entry is small but I wanted to add a bit of decor and continue to work on organization, so I borrowed an idea from Holly at Down To Earth Style, using some burlap to hang a little wood berry wreath on our closet door. Simple, super easy and using items I already had on hand, but I love the look.

I was also frustrated with the dog leashes and doggie bags that we had in a basket in the entry cabinet. Whenever the kids took out a leash, they would just drop it on the floor or leave the cabinet door half open. I chose practical over pretty and decided to paint some shaker peg hooks charcoal grey and hang them behind the door. No more leashes on the floor! A little rose toile bag holds doggie bags (I may switch the pull close top to handles.) I still need to cover the screws on the peg hooks but that is another project completed.


We are now on March Break from school/work for nine days and I am looking forward to squeezing some extra time into our schedule to hopefully complete a few more projects I have started. The major project I will be working on is prepping and painting my sister and brother-in-law's kitchen (ceiling, walls and trim.) That is a pretty big project but my sister is taking two days off work to lend a hand. Luckily they only live two streets away.  Today we picked paint samples and tomorrow we start the prep work.

Are you the type that loves to start projects and has many on the go, or do you start and finish each project before moving on?

I'm sharing this with...
SNS #124 at Funky Junk Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...