Sunday, March 11, 2012

Transformed

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, March 11, 2012 No comments




New White Garden


A whileback, I shared with you my desire to create a white garden. I was enchanted byexamples I had discovered.
Today, Imade a corner of my garden my New White Garden.



This tookseveral hours – I had to remove a tangle of vinca, ivy and liriope that hadstaked their claim to this garden. We have been struggling with such invasiveground covers since we moved in. This had been a solution to a low-effortgarden by one of the previous owners.

before

Before, Ihad the four seasons here. I enjoyed them there, but I am excited by their newhome – I will show you soon!
I movedmy sweet little lady, that I had painted white, as the focal point. The Oakleaf hydrangea will fill in andcreate a backdrop for her.


Before herI placed a collection of bulbs, perennials and annuals all in white.
Thissweet little garden marker has aged over the years, I love its patina.


I have braided some of the daffodils that have already spent their blooms (center of photo)

These seashellswere here when we moved –
 I dig up the most interesting things in my garden.


I movedthe whitewashed pots with French writing that I transformed and shared with youhere. In them are the white mums that will bloom this fall.
So far, Ihave flowers and plants that will bloom white from spring until fall. I amthrilled.





The barn,bless my husband’s dear heart. When he was painting the house – the dark grey –he was experimenting with the paint sprayer against the wall of the barn. I thinkI’ll have to finish the job – you can see the shape of the trellis that oncewas there.




 It is now being used to support my Constance Spry rose.
Now, Ihave much more to do – indoors. 



Just in time a little sprinkle of rain iscoming – 
I love it when God waters my garden.


Thankyou for visiting.
I willbe sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:

Show Off Your Cottage Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...