Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday's...in The Garden...New Plants & TTD

Posted by MAKMU ta On Friday, March 30, 2012 No comments


Hi Everyone...It was a cold gardening week!


Just like that, our weather decided to go back to the usual March weather (50's). I am a wimp with cold weather, so I went plant shopping. I found a lavender for my area. I have been dreaming of lavender for a long time.


I am extremely skeptical on this one.


The back of the card says 6...and that's my zone. So, I brought home 5 of them


If all goes well, it should look like this.


As for the the rest of my garden...my creamy daffodils are looking so lovely


I love their little peachy centers


This is also a good time to take inventory and make a "Things To Do" list. For me, my Pieris plants are getting smothered by the tall Green Giant Arborvitaes


I also don't like one pink blooming one next to the white blooming one. I prefer several of the same color grouped together. In the next couple of weeks, I will be transplanting them


This is a good example of when to transplant a perennial. Early bloomers, like this one, will do much better if they are moved after the bloom...or early fall. Since they look so similar without their blooms, I will mark them now, so I know which one is pink and which one is white.

What is blooming in your garden?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...