Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paper Mache Letters

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, March 25, 2012 No comments


I've been wanting some "EAT" letters in my kitchen but just haven't gotten around to buying them.  I saw this on Pinterest one day and pinned it to my project board.  I could do that.  I have cardboard laying around and paper mache is easy, I think.  It's been a while.

I started by choosing a font I liked in Word and made the letters really big.  I cut them out and traced them onto cardboard.  Remember, you need the front and back of the letters.



Cut strips of a cereal box to create the depth of your letters and tape to the front and back.



After constructing, it's time to paper mache.  I mixed one cup of water with one cup of flour.  Rip some newspaper into strips, I used a phonebook.  Dip the newspaper into the mixture and cover your letters.  Allow to dry completely.  I only used one layer but you could do another if you feel like it.


After my letters were dry, I painted them with red craft paint.






Voila!  Some DIY for the kitchen.  Think of all the letters you could make.

 

Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * Making The World Cuter * The DIY Showoff * It's Overflowing * Positively Splendid * Tatertots and Jello * Lines Across * Home Savvy A to Z * Tough Cookie Mommy * Homemaker on a Dime * I Heart Naptime * Be Colorful * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Craftomaniac * Keeping it Simple * Marvelously Messy * Mad in Crafts * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * DIY Home Sweet Home * Today's Creative Blog * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Giggles Glitz and Glam * Home Stories A to Z * Kammy's Korner * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen * Reasons To Skip The Housework * Strictly Homemade * Type A Decorating * Southern Lovely * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Clean and Scentsible * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * Remodelaholic * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...