Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Shelves In Our Kitchen

Posted by MAKMU ta On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 No comments

I love spring and look forward each year to lightening and brightening our home with Spring decorating.



It might be that I was born in the spring, or just that after a long winter we so look forward to seeing signs of new life and growth.


Blues and greens are my favourite colours, and they remind me of Spring, so I shopped our home to add these colours to the whites and metals I normally have in my kitchen shelf vignette.


Turquoise blues show up in Crown mason jars, a few books, and faux speckled eggs. They go well with our turquoise painted barstools and mirror over the sink. 


I added shades of green with linen napkins, a book, more speckled faux eggs, two little leaf plates and granny smith apples.


I also used pieces of my ironstone collection, vintage crochet doilies, a vintage kitchen scale, a jar of silver spoons, a silver cake plate and my patenal grandmother's silver sugar scuttle.


 With Easter not long away I thought the eggs would work too.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Blue Clear Sky! Happy first day of Spring!


I'm linking up to the Spring Fling Link Party at The Lettered Cottage. Layla is hosting the first party featuring Spring ledges, shelves and mantels. Looking forward to seeing lots of inspiration!


The Lettered Cottage
I'm also joining the fun at...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...