Sunday, March 18, 2012

Posted by MAKMU ta On Sunday, March 18, 2012 No comments



Springtime Exuberance


I took a walk through the woods across the street today.  Our world has been transformed by the lovely exuberance of the Wisteria.
Wisteria drapes over trees behind my neighbor's garden
I just love to whisper the name, Wisteria. It is a vigorous vine that drapes over structures and trees –



 its fragrance is the south’s answer to the beloved Lilac.

This Wisteria is growing through a Crape Myrtle shrub/tree. It is exquisite when the two are
blooming at the same time.
looking from the Wisteria to the house across the street - it is being renovated.

Heavenly.


I was in competition with the bees as I gather long, lanky and twisted branches to bring indoors. 


My husband and daughter laughed at me when I arrived – 


I was overcome with the exuberance and got carried away.


I drove around a couple of the blocks to capture the beauty of spring unfolding in my neighbor’s gardens.



One of my neighbors has this most romantic structure - 


I was charmed to find Wisteria draped over it. I would love to have a sweet place like this to sit in my garden.


Such a happy time – the transformation from bare branches sculptures to voluminous displays of sweet colors and shapes.


I just love this time of the year – I feel we are rejuvenated by the resurrection of life during spring.


I am so excited that this week we will officially celebrate the beginning of spring – I don’t want to miss a moment of its glorious splendor!

I will be sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:
Show Off Your Cottage @ The House in the Rose
Tuesday Garden Party @ An Oregon Cottage

I wish you a most Delightsome first week of Spring!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...