Christmas
Decorative touches
I have chosen to have a few new things
this year for my Christmas decoration.
I had visions of blooming Narcissus
throughout my house.
So, I purchased
several bulbs and determined to find
several white or clear low dishes.
This dish I purchased at a floral shop several years back.
These two bowls I purchased at Walmart
This is one of my McCoy garden dishes
These two wide-rimmed bowls were found at Walmart
I believe this ironstone dish was a small tureen
More dishes from Walmart
I love how the antique gold in the ribbon complements the stones I chose to use.
1. I filled each dish with a layer of stones
2. I placed the bulbs on top of the layer of stones
3. I added more stones leaving the tops of the bulbs revealed
Each of the dishes were completed and then filled with water just enough to touch the botton of the bulbs.
I found examples of decorating with forced bulbs in the
1987 book, Christmas With Victoria
I placed these bulb filled dishes on a dark shelf to sit until
The bulb begins to grow and the roots form. Then I will move them to a warm sunny spot to continue to grow. They
should be blooming when in time for the Christmas With Victoria blog party scheduled for Tuesday, December 6 and
for our annual Christmas party. Won’t you join me for the
blog party?
Details can be found here .
I am linking this post with
Cielo’s
Please stop by The House in the Roses to see all the other wonderful Cottage posts!
Wishing you a very Delightsome day!
Kathy






0 comments:
Post a Comment