Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Old Church

Posted by MAKMU ta On Tuesday, March 29, 2011 No comments


Perfect Moments


Last weekend we were delighted to have my married daughter over for a couple of days to visit. It was wonderful to see her and her sister interact, to have her laughter fill the rooms once again. She is quite a photographer, so on one of those days she was taking Senior pictures of her sister.






I became her assistant holding this round thing that on one side blocked the sun and on the other side reflected the sun.





We traveled to a nearby church that is not in use but is being restored by the local historic society. It is open to the public. The sense of time and place there captured my imagination. I wondered at the intrepid pioneers who settled in the area and their coming together to worship here.





The acoustics of the place was amazing - I could imagine voices rising to Heaven in psalms and hymns.






There is a cemetery there with aged stones. I wondered at the lives of the people represented there. I could imagine the joys and the hardships of their lives. And the one thing that drew them together there was their faith in God.
What a joyful thing God has given us - the fellowship of fellow believers. A brief glimpse of Heaven I think. 




Our time there was brief due to the setting of the sun.




The time we spent together was precious - at one point my daughters sang - a talent they inherited from their father -


these moments were brief - 






but, they were perfect.

I am sharing this post with Faded Charm's


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...